Wednesday, July 27, 2011

This is service you can afford by Cyril Lord ! !

Way back when . . . Stephen would take me to the cinema, usually to watch the latest spaghetti western. Amongst the many adverts was one for a carpet shop with, 'This is service you can afford by Cyril Lord!', as it's jingle. Catchy enough to remain with me forty years later!

So on my return from breakfast this morning I was unable to open the door with the card key and even a replacement from front desk didn't work. An hour later and at the last count, two women and five men are on the job, Bob ! Make that six ! We've had new batteries, a lot of wire joggling, even a whole new door lock but we're still back on the wire jiggling. Now if jiggling the wire is going to make it work then I'm not sure that's fixed ? !

We've had a few phone calls but I imagined them going something like this.
'Hi sweets! Yes I didn't get too wet this morning. No, I'm just on a boring job with a broken knob. Giggle! Cheeky ! ! No,some woman's tried shoving her credit card in the lock again! I know ! Eejit Europeans ! ! So, fancy a pint tonight? !'

I want to ask them where's the battery tester, why didn't they have everything to fix it with them? We're on the eleventh floor here so not good time management traipsing up and down for the next spare part. This is a big established hotel, this must have happened before ? !

All I can say is, ne, ne, yes, yes when they fill me in on the progress. Times like this, a gal wishes she had some electronics in her knowledge bank.

Hour and a half later, jobs done and we're all bowing to one another.

Go mab seom ni da!

Thank you!

1 comment: